In a stunning rebuke of attempts to redefine gender, the American College of Pediatricians has published a position statement urging all healthcare professionals, educators, and legislators to reject any policy that conditions children to accept as normal “a life of impersonation of the opposite sex”, particularly through the use of chemical or surgical means, which the statement unequivocally calls child abuse.
The statement, which is just over a page long, is stunning in its clarity and wastes little space establishing its fundamental assertion,
“Facts – not ideology – determine reality.”
While traditional views on gender give way under the tremendous weight of mainstream media, Hollywood, and liberal political support for LGBT ideologies, dangerous ideas fueled by emotion and political expediency are rapidly displacing biological reality with surprisingly little thought given to the consequences of such moves.
Even now with the majority of the LGBT agenda having entered the mainstream, the leaders of the movement, obviously not wanting to abandon the influence and enthusiasm of their supporters, seemingly have little recourse but to continue to press their ideology through to it’s logical conclusion, a radical redefining of gender for all humanity, children included, despite the complete lack of any scientific, psychological, or ethical basis for doing so.
It is squarely at these unwarranted and scientifically deficient ideas that the American College of Pediatricians take aim, forcefully exposing the very real danger children face as a result of attempts to redefine gender. The arguments are presented over 8 sections, with each demonstrating that the science, statistics, and psychology support no other conclusion except that the best we can do for our children is to teach them the biological truth that we are created male and female.
Below is a summary of these points, however the document itself is not long and having been written for a broad audience it is fairly easy to follow. To read the entire document or to download it in pdf format use the links following the the summary below.
- A person’s belief that he or she is something they are not is, at best, a sign of confused thinking. When an otherwise healthy biological boy believes he is a girl, or an otherwise healthy biological girl believes she is a boy, an objective psychological problem exists that lies in the mind not the body, and it should be treated as such… Gender disphoria is a recognized mental disorder [by] the American Psychiatric Association [and has] never been disproved.
- …This awareness [of being male or female] develops over time and, like all developmental processes, may be derailed by a child’s subjective perceptions, relationships, and adverse experiences from infancy forward. People who identify as “feeling like the opposite sex” or “somewhere in between” do not comprise a third sex. They remain biological men or biological women.
- Human sexuality is an objective biological binary trait: “XY” and “XX” are genetic markers of male and female, respectively – not genetic markers of a disorder. The norm for human design is to be conceived either male or female. Human sexuality is binary by design with the obvious purpose being the reproduction and flourishing of our species. This principle is self-evident…
- … As many as 98% of gender confused boys and 88% of gender confused girls eventually accept their biological sex after naturally passing through puberty
- Pre-pubertal children who use puberty blockers to impersonate the opposite sex will require cross-sex hormones in late adolescence. This combination leads to permanent sterility… [And] cross-sex hormones… are associated with dangerous health risks including but not limited to cardiac disease, high blood pressure, blood clots, stroke, diabetes, and cancer.
- Rates of suicide are nearly twenty times greater among adults who use cross-sex hormones and undergo sex reassignment surgery… What compassionate and reasonable person would condemn young children to this fate knowing that after puberty as many as 88% of girls and 98% of boys will eventually accept reality and achieve a state of mental and physical health?
- Conditioning children into believing a lifetime of chemical and surgical impersonation of the opposite sex is normal and healthful is child abuse. …puberty-blocking drugs virtually ensures… a lifetime of carcinogenic and otherwise toxic cross-sex hormones..
The document ends by emphasizing “their bottom line”, which is this: Our opponents advocate a new scientifically baseless standard of care for children with a psychological condition (Gender Disphoria) that would otherwise resolve after puberty for the vast majority of patients concerned.Download PDF Go To Website